THE PAVILION (1909)
This building, originally used as the medical headquarter, was one of the first public buildings of more than 2 stories high. Built with concrete frames and supported by bakau (mangrove timber) piling, it also had a concrete flat roof where occupants used to lounge and watch the setting sun, as fondly recalled through numerous writings of that era. The building had been conserved and is currently used by the Museum Department as their Textile Museum.
For more information, click here.